Steps to take to prevent COVID-19 from entering your home
1. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizers before tearing off the cardboard or plastic packaging and drawing your products out of packages.
2. Soak your vegetables and fruits in water for about 5 minutes with potassium permanganate before rinsing them or simply rinse them for 20 seconds under running water.
3. Make sure the countertop or surfaces you set down your purchases on are clean.
4. If your produce is in a plastic container, wash it with soap and water.
5. During your grocery shopping, take a jute or nylon grocery bag with you and wash it once you’re back home.
6. Avoid using cash to make your payments as it travels through different hands.